In Vernonia, Oregon, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones entertained! For starters, the town has its very own public library where children can read, listen to stories, or participate in many of the library’s fun programs. There is also a great parks and recreation department that offers a variety of sports leagues, classes, and events for kids of all ages. And if your kids are looking for something a little more outdoorsy to do, Vernonia is home to many hiking and biking trails, as well as fishing and camping opportunities at nearby locations. So whatever your kids are interested in, Vernonia has something to offer!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Vernonia, Oregon
1. Hike or bike the Banks-Vernonia State Trail: This 21-mile trail winds through the scenic timberlands of the Coast Range and offers a traffic-free, paved path for biking, hiking, horseback riding, and wildlife viewing.
2. Go fishing at Wallace Park: This park is located on the banks of the Columbia River and features a fishing pier, public boat launch, and picnic area.
3. Visit the Kids Discovery Museum: This museum features hands-on exhibits and programs for kids of all ages.
4. Play at Sunset Park: This park features a playground, spray park, and basketball court.
5. Go swimming at the Vernonia Community Pool: This pool is heated and features a diving board, lap lane, and wading area.
6. Take a scenic drive on the James River Scenic Byway: This byway follows the James River through the Coast Range, offering breathtaking views of the river and mountains.
7. Visit the Vista House at Crown Point: This landmark offers stunning views of the Columbia River Gorge and serves as a rest stop for travelers.
8. Hike to the top of Table Rock: This popular hike features a moderate trail to the summit of Table Rock, where you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of the surrounding area.
9. Picking berries at Reed Canary Grass Farm: This working farm allows visitors to pick their own berries from mid-July to early September.
10. Go camping at Vernonia Lake: This scenic lake is a popular spot for camping, fishing, swimming, and canoeing.