Vernon, Texas, is a great place for kids! There are plenty of activities to keep them busy, and the city is very safe. Here are some of the best kid-friendly things to do in Vernon:
The first stop for any kid in Vernon is definitely Lion’s Club Park. This park has a playground, a splash pad, and a huge field for running around. It’s the perfect place to let the kids burn off some energy.
If your kids are looking for a challenge, take them to Rockin’C Ranch Paintball. They offer a variety of paintball games and courses, and the staff is always happy to help out beginner players.
For a more relaxed activity, take the kids to one of Vernon’s many museums. The Williamson County Museum is a great option, and admission is free for kids under 12. They can learn about the history of the area and see some cool artifacts.
If you’re looking for something to do on a hot day, head to Splash Kingdom Waterpark. They have tons of slides and pools, and the kids will love cooling off in the water.
No matter what your kids are interested in, Vernon has something to offer. They’re sure to have a great time exploring everything this city has to offer!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Vernon, Texas
1. Spend a day at the water park! With slides, pools, and splash pads, there’s plenty to keep the kids entertained at the water park.
2. Visit the local zoo! The zoo is home to animals from all over the world, and kids will love getting up close to them.
3. Go hiking! Vernon has some great hiking trails that the whole family can enjoy.
4. Have a picnic! What better way to spend a sunny day than by enjoying a picnic lunch in one of Vernon’s many parks?
5. Go fishing! Fishing is a great way to spend time outdoors, and Vernon has some great spots for it.
6. Play mini golf! Mini golf is a great activity for the whole family, and Vernon has several courses to choose from.
7. Go on a nature walk! Explore Vernon’s great outdoors with a nature walk, and see all the different plant and animal life that lives there.
8. Visit the local library! The library is a great place to take the kids to read, learn, and explore.
9. Go to the park! Vernon has several parks that are perfect for a day of play.
10. Have a family game night! Unplug from technology and spend some quality time together playing family games.