There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Vergennes, Illinois. For starters, there’s the community pool which is open to the public during the summer months. There’s also a playground and a spray park next to the pool for the kids to enjoy. If your kids are into sports, there are plenty of options for them to get involved in as well. There are youth baseball, basketball, and soccer leagues in the area. And, if your kids are into fishing, there are two ponds in town that are stocked with fish. Lastly, there are several parks in town that are perfect for a picnic or a game of catch.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Vergennes, Illinois
1. Go to the city pool- the pool is located in Vergennes and is open to the public. There is a shallow end for little ones to splash around in and a diving board for older kids to enjoy.
2. Play at the park- Vergennes has a small city park with a playground, swings, and a pavilion. It’s a great place to take the kids to burn off some energy.
3. Walk or ride bikes around town- Vergennes is a small town, but it’s perfect for exploring on foot or by bike. There are a few parks and a number of businesses to check out.
4. Have a picnic- there are numerous grassy areas around town that make perfect picnic spots. Pack a lunch and enjoy the beautiful day.
5. Visit the library- the Vergennes Public Library is a great place to take the kids. They have a good selection of books, magazines, and movies. They also offer programs and events for kids throughout the year.
6. Go fishing- there are a few ponds around town that are stocked with fish. Grab a pole and see how many you can catch.
7. Go sledding- in the winter, the hills around Vergennes are perfect for sledding. Bring your own sled or toboggan and spend the day sliding down the slopes.
8. Go ice skating- when the ponds freeze over in the winter, they make great places to go ice skating. Bring your own skates or rent some at the local skating rink.
9. Play basketball- there is a basketball hoop at the city park. Shoot some hoops with the kids or challenge them to a game of HORSE.
10. Have a snowball fight- another great winter activity. Gather up some snowballs and have a friendly (or not-so-friendly) snowball fight.