Ventspils is a beautiful, coastal city in Latvia that is perfect for families. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained, including the Ventspils Beach Park, which has a playground, beach, and pool; the Ventspils Aquapark, which has slides and pools; and the Ventspils Museum, which has interactive exhibits on the city’s history. For those looking for a more active vacation, there are also plenty of hiking and biking trails in the area. And, of course, no trip to Ventspils would be complete without spending some time at the city’s iconic lighthouse.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ventspils, Latvia
1. Have a picnic at the sand dunes- The sandy beaches and dunes in Ventspils are perfect for a picnic. There are plenty of spots to relax and enjoy the views.
2. Visit the Ventspils Castle- The castle is a great place to explore and learn about the history of Ventspils.
3. Play in the park- There are several parks in Ventspils that are perfect for running around and playing games.
4. Go for a swim- The beaches in Ventspils are ideal for swimming and there are also several indoor pools if the weather is not cooperating.
5. Visit the lighthouse- The lighthouse is a iconic landmark in Ventspils and offers stunning views of the city and coastline.
6. Go fishing- There are many spots along the coast perfect for fishing. You can also head out on a charter boat for a day of deep sea fishing.
7. Explore the Nature Center- The Nature Center is a great place to learn about the flora and fauna of Latvia.
8. Take a boat ride- There are several boat tour operators in Ventspils that offer rides around the harbor and to nearby islands.
9. Visit the Ventspils Museum- The museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Ventspils.
10. Shop at the market- The market is a great place to find fresh produce, souvenirs, and other local goods.