There are many kid friendly activities to do in Ecuador. In Velasco Ibarra, which is located in the northern part of Ecuador, some of the best things to do with kids include exploring the nearby Amazon rainforest, visiting the animal rescue center, going on a nature hike, and visiting the local furniture market.
The Amazon rainforest is one of the most biodiverse places on Earth and is home to many unique animals, plants, and insects. A visit to the rainforest is a great way to learn about the natural world and get up close and personal with some of the most amazing creatures on the planet.
The animal rescue center is a great place to learn about the local wildlife and meet some of the animals that call Ecuador home. The center is home to many different species of animals, including monkeys, sloths, and snakes. Visitors can learn about the animals and their habitats, and even help out with feeding and cleaning.
For a more active adventure, head out on a nature hike through the jungle. This is a great way to see the rainforest from a different perspective and get some exercise at the same time. Be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear, and bring plenty of water and snacks.
Finally, no trip to Velasco Ibarra would be complete without a visit to the local furniture market. This is a great place to find unique Ecuadorian furniture, hand-crafted by local artisans. The market is a great place to bargaining and find some amazing deals on beautiful pieces.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Velasco Ibarra, Ecuador
1. Visit the Ecuadorian Amazon rainforest.
2. Go on a safari in the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve.
3. Take a boat ride through the flooded forests of the Napo River.
4. Visit the parrot clay licks in Yasuni National Park.
5. Go on a night walk in the jungle to see nocturnal animals.
6. Go fishing for piranhas in the Amazon River.
7. Visit an indigenous community to learn about their culture.
8. Go on a jungle treetop canopy tour.
9. Take a riverboat ride to see the pink river dolphins.
10. Go birdwatching in one of the many national parks.