There is plenty to keep children entertained in Vangviang. tubing down the river is a great way to cool off and have some fun. Youngsters will also love playing in the shallows of the river, where there are plenty of rocks to clamber on. For those who want to stay dry, there is an indoor play centre with climbing frame, ball pit and trampoline. There are also several Khek Luang Cave, which are cool and dark and full of interesting rock formations.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Vangviang, Laos
1. Laos is a landlocked country, so there are plenty of opportunities to go tubing down a river. Vangviang is located on the Nam Song River, so this is a great place to start. Make sure to wear a life jacket and follow the guide’s instructions.
2. Visit the Vangviang Cave. This is a large cave located just outside of town. It’s a great place to explore and take photos.
3. Head to the Tham Nam Ngum Lake. This is a large lake that’s perfect for swimming, fishing, or just relaxing.
4. Rent a bicycle and explore the town and surrounding countryside. This is a great way to see the sights and get some exercise.
5. Take a cooking class. Laos food is tasty and it’s fun to learn how to make it. There are several cooking classes available in Vangviang.
6. Go elephant riding. This is a popular activity in Laos and it’s a great way to see the sights.
7. Visit a local market. This is a great place to buy souvenirs and try some local foods.
8. Go hiking. There are several trails in the area that are perfect for exploring.
9. Take a boat trip. There are several companies that offer boat trips on the Nam Song River. This is a great way to see the sights and relax.
10. Visit a Buddhist temple. There are several temples in Vangviang and they are all worth visiting.