There are many kid friendly things to do in Vanderbilt, Pennsylvania. The town is host to a number of fun events throughout the year, including a Fourth of July parade, an annual Halloween parade, and a holiday lighting ceremony. There are also a number of parks and playgrounds in town, as well as a public pool. Vanderbilt is also home to a number of businesses that cater to families, including a comic book store, an ice cream shop, and a toy store.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Vanderbilt, Pennsylvania
1. Start your Vanderbilt adventure at the Richard T. James Memorial Park, where you can hike or bike along the scenic trails, have a picnic lunch, or go fishing in Beaver Creek.
2. Take a short drive to the nearby town of Brookville and visit the Jefferson County History Center, where you can learn all about the area’s past.
3. For a truly unique experience, check out the mysterious Allegheny Forwarders House, which was used as a stopping point for stagecoaches in the 1800s.
4. Head to the Outdoor Adventure Center at Cook Forest State Park to go hiking, camping, fishing, or canoeing.
5. Go on a nature walk at the Cross Creek County Park and look for birds, wildlife, and beautiful flowers.
6. Visit the Clarion County Historical Society Museum to see a variety of exhibits on the county’s history.
7. Stop by the Marienville Antique and Toy Museum to see a large collection of vintage toys and items.
8. Take a scenic drive down the Clarion River Scenic Byway to enjoy the stunning views.
9.Play a round of golf at one of Vanderbilt’s many courses, including thePinecrest Golf Course or the Brookville Country Club.
10. Spend a day at the WestDecatur Community Park, where you can go swimming, play tennis or basketball, or just relax in the sun.