Valley Stream is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of things to keep the kids entertained, while also providing opportunities for the adults to relax and enjoy themselves. The Village of Valley Stream has its own pool and recreation center, complete with a playground, basketball courts, and a picnic area. The pool is open to the public during the summer months, and there are also several parks scattered throughout the village that are perfect for a day of running around and exploring. If you’re looking for something a bit more structured, the Valley Stream Public Library offers a variety of programs and events for kids of all ages, including story times, movie showings, and arts and crafts sessions.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Valley Stream, New York
1. Play atVector Park: Vector Park is Valley Stream’s very own community playground. It is situated on Merrick Road and has been designed to be fully accessible for children of all abilities. There is a large sandbox, swings, slides, and other play equipment for kids to enjoy.
2. Go Fishing at Valley Stream State Park: Valley Stream State Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of fishing. The park has a large fishing pond where kids can try their hand at catch and release fishing.
3. Visit the Valley Stream Historical Society: The Valley Stream Historical Society is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. The Society has a museum with exhibits on the history of valley Stream, as well as a library with books and resources on the area.
4. Play Mini Golf at Rocket Park: Rocket Park is a great place to take the kids for a game of mini golf. The park has two 18-hole courses for kids to enjoy.
5. Visit the Valley Stream Dog Park: The Valley Stream Dog Park is a great place to take the kids to play with dogs. The park has a playground for kids, as well as a fenced in area where dogs can roam freely.
6. Go Hiking at the Valley Stream Trails: The Valley Stream Trails are a great place to take the kids for a hike. The trails are located in the woods and are great for exploring nature.
7. Picnic at Valley Stream Park: Valley Stream Park is a great place to take the kids for a picnic. The park has a large picnic area with tables and grills for families to use.
8. Play at the Valley Stream Playground: The Valley Stream Playground is a great place for kids to play. The playground has a variety of play equipment for kids to enjoy.
9. Visit the Valley Stream Nature Center: The Valley Stream Nature Center is a great place to take the kids to learn about nature. The Nature Center has exhibits on the plants and animals that live in the area, as well as a library with resources on the environment.
10. Go Bike Riding at the Valley Stream Bike Path: The Valley Stream Bike Path is a great place to take the kids for a bike ride. The path is located along the Valley Stream and is a great way to see the scenery.