Valley Springs is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of things to do that will keep them entertained for hours on end. For the younger crowd, the City Park is a great place to explore and play. There are also many family-friendly activities that take place throughout the year, such as the Annual Easter Egg Hunt and the Valley Springs Summer Festival. For the older kids, there are plenty of hiking and biking trails to explore, as well as several parks that offer great views of the surrounding area. Valley Springs is also home to several museums that are perfect for a rainy day. The city also offers a variety of shopping and dining options that are sure to please everyone in the family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Valley Springs, South Dakota
1. Take a hike through the beautiful southern Black Hills. With so many trails to choose from, there is sure to be one that is perfect for your family. Be sure to pack a lunch to enjoy at one of the many picnic areas along the way.
2. Visit Custer State Park and enjoy a variety of activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, and swimming. Don’t forget to stop by the Visitor Center to learn more about the history and wildlife of the area.
3. Spend a day at one of the many lakes in the area. With so many options, you are sure to find the perfect spot for your family. Pack a lunch and spend the day swimming, fishing, and exploring.
4. Take a drive on the scenic Iron Mountain Road. This beautiful road takes you through the heart of the Black Hills and offers amazing views.
5. Visit Mount Rushmore National Monument and learn more about the history of our country. Be sure to take a scenic walk around the monument and take plenty of pictures.
6. Experience the beauty of the Black Hills on a horseback riding adventure. With so many trails to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect one for your family.
7. Explore the many caves in the area. With so many to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect one for your family. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring a flashlight.
8. Take a scenic drive on the Needles Highway. This beautiful road takes you through the heart of the southern Black Hills and offers amazing views.
9. Visit the Bear Country USA and learn more about these amazing animals. Be sure to take a scenic drive through the park and take plenty of pictures.
10. Stop by the Visitor Center at Jewel Cave National Monument and learn more about this amazing cave. Be sure to take the elevator ride down to the bottom of the cave to see the amazing formations up close.