There are a number of kid friendly activities to enjoy in Vallauris, France. The town is home to a number of museums which are great for educational visits, such as the Picasso Museum and the Ceramics Museum. The beaches nearby are perfect for days out, and there are a number of kid friendly restaurants in the town. For a really memorable experience, a visit to the Parc de la Migliore is a must – this is an exciting adventure park with zip wires, trampolines and much more!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Vallauris, France
1. Go to the beach! Vallauris is right on the Mediterranean Sea, so there are plenty of beaches to choose from. Check out Plage de la Tonette for a quieter spot, or head to Plage de la Palud for more people watching and beach amenities.
2. Learn about Pablo Picasso. Vallauris was one of Picasso’s favorite places to live and work, and there are several museums dedicated to his art in town. Take a guided tour of the Ceramics Museum, which has the largest collection of Picasso ceramics in the world, or wander the Picasso Garden on your own.
3. Shop for ceramics. In addition to being home to Picasso’s ceramics, Vallauris is also known for its many pottery shops. Browse the wares and pick up a souvenir or two to take home.
4. Visit the Chagall Museum. Marc Chagall also called Vallauris home for a time, and his work is on display at this small museum. See a wide variety of his art, from paintings to stained glass.
5. Grab a bite. Vallauris has no shortage of great places to eat, whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a sit-down meal. For a quick snack, try a pain au chocolat from one of the many bakeries in town. For something more substantial, sit down for a meal of fresh seafood at one of the waterfront restaurants.
6. Take a boat ride. Vallauris is a great place to hop on a boat and explore the coast. Go for a leisurely ride on a glass-bottom boat or a more adventurous ride on a jet ski.
7. Play some mini golf. Vallauris is home to one of the best mini golf courses in the area. Test your skills on the 18 holes, many of which have obstacles like water fountains and windmills.
8. Go on a hike. Vallauris is surrounded by mountains, so there are plenty of hiking trails to explore. For a short hike, head to the top of Pointe de la Bonette for panoramic views of the area. For something longer, try the trail to Lac de Sainte-Croix.
9. Stroll through the markets. Vallauris has several markets where you can find fresh produce, flowers, and handmade goods. The markets are also a great place to people watch and soak up the local atmosphere.
10. Relax in a park. Vallauris has several parks, perfect for a picnic lunch or a leisurely stroll. One of the best is Jardin Massena, which has beautiful gardens, a fountain, and a view of the Mediterranean Sea.