There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Urbandale, Iowa! For starters, the city is home to the Des Moines Botanical Center, which features Iowa’s only public butterfly garden. In addition, there are several kid-centric museums in the area, including the Science Center of Iowa and the Blank Park Zoo. If your little ones are looking for some outdoor fun, they can enjoy one of the city’s many parks, or take a biking or walking trail. And when it’s time to refuel, there are plenty of restaurants with kid-friendly menus. So whether your children are looking to learn, explore, or just have some fun, they’ll find plenty to do in Urbandale, Iowa!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Urbandale, Iowa
1. Visit the local library – The Urbandale Public Library is a great place to take kids of all ages. They offer a variety of programs and events for kids, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
2. Play at one of the many parks – Urbandale has many parks that are perfect for kids to play at. Some of our favorites include Walker Johnston Park, Dougherty Park, and brochure and shelterbelts.
3. Go for a bike ride – Urbandale is a great community for biking, and there are many trails and routes that are perfect for kids.
4. Visit the Urbandale Aquatic Center – The Aquatic Center is a great place to take kids of all ages to cool off in the summer. They offer a variety of swimming lessons and have a great zero-depth entry pool for little ones.
5. Check out a show at the Des Moines Playhouse – The Playhouse offers a variety of kid-friendly shows throughout the year. This is a great activity for a rainy day or hot summer afternoon.
6. Get ice cream at Sullivan’s – Sullivan’s is a local favorite ice cream spot, and they always have a great selection of flavors. This is a perfect treat after a long day of play.
7. Have a picnic at Living History Farms – Living History Farms is a great place to take a break and have a picnic. The kids will love exploring the different farm buildings and seeing the animals.
8. Go for a walk or run on the Greenbelt Trail – The Greenbelt Trail is a great place to get some fresh air and exercise. It’s also a beautiful spot to see some of Urbandale’s nature.
9. Play mini golf at Spare Time Entertainment – Spare Time Entertainment offers a fun indoor mini golf course that is perfect for a rainy day activity.
10. Visit the Urbandale Farmers Market – The Urbandale Farmers Market is a great place to get some fresh, local produce. It’s also a great place to grab a snack or lunch from one of the many vendors.