There are a number of kid friendly activities in and around Upper Marlboro. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Nature Centers and Parks: The Prince George’s County Environmental Education Center and the Patuxent River Park both offer a variety of nature based activities and programs for kids.
Museums: The Kids Museum of Southern Maryland is a great place to take kids for a day of learning and fun. The Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission Museum is another option for a educational and fun experience.
Sports: There are a number of youth sports leagues in the area including basketball, soccer, lacrosse, and more.
Arts and Crafts: The Prince George’s County Arts and Humanities Council offers a variety of arts and crafts classes for kids of all ages.
These are just a few of the kid friendly activities available in Upper Marlboro. For more ideas, check with the local Chamber of Commerce or Visitor’s Bureau.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Upper Marlboro, Maryland
1. Take a hike through the woods at Watkins Regional Park.
2. Visit the Showplace Arena to see a horse show or other event.
3. Go fishing at one of the many ponds or lakes in the area.
4. Attend a summer camp at the YMCA.
5. Play mini golf at one of the local courses.
6. Go bowling at the AMF Bowling Center.
7. Play laser tag at the Adventure Park USA.
8. Visit the Maryland Renaissance Festival.
9. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through historic downtown Upper Marlboro.
10. Have a picnic lunch at one of the many scenic parks in the area.