Umkomaas is a town in South Africa which is located in the province of KwaZulu-Natal. It is situated on the banks of the Umkomaas River and is about halfway between Durban and Pietermaritzburg. Umkomaas is a popular destination for tourists because of its close proximity to the beach and to the game reserves. There are a number of kid-friendly activities to do in Umkomaas.
One of the most popular things to do in Umkomaas is to go to the Aliwal Shoal. The Aliwal Shoal is a reef which is located off the coast of Umkomaas. It is a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling. There are a number of dive schools in Umkomaas which offer lessons for beginner divers.umkomaas is also home to a number of game reserves including the Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park and the Phinda Private Game Reserve. These reserves offer a variety of activities such as game drives, walking safaris and boat safaris.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Umkomaas, South Africa
1. Visit the Crocworld Conservation Centre
2. Take a walk on the Crocodile Walkway
3. Visit the Aliwal Shoal
4. Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon
5. Visit the Umgeni Bird Park
6. Take a tour of the Umkomaas Golf Club
7. Visit the Midlands Meander
8. Take a walk through the Bushtick Nature Reserve
9. Visit the Howick Falls
10. Have a picnic at the Botanical Gardens