Umarkhed is a town located in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The town is situated in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra and is the headquarters of the Umarkhed taluka. Umarkhed is known for its production of Lime and Rice. The town has a population of around 45,000 people.
There are a number of kid friendly things to do in Umarkhed. One can visit the Umarkhed Fort, which was built in the 16th century by the Nizam of Hyderabad. The fort is now in ruins but still provides a good view of the town. There is also a temple located inside the fort.
Another kid friendly activity in Umarkhed is to visit the Shri Rama Temple. The temple is situated on a hill and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the town. The temple is dedicated to Lord Rama and attracts a large number of devotees during the festive season of Ram Navami.
The town of Umarkhed also has a number of parks and playgrounds where kids can enjoy a number of outdoor activities. One of the most popular parks in the town is the Mahatma Gandhi Park, which has a number of facilities for kids such as a children’s play area, a water play area and a number of swings.
Other kid friendly activities in Umarkhed include visiting the Umarkhed Zoo, which is home to a number of animals such as lions, tigers, leopards, bears, deer, and a variety of birds. The zoo also has a children’s play area and a number of educational exhibits.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Umarkhed, India
1. Visit the Dhuandhar Falls: The Dhuandhar Falls are located just outside of Umarkhed and are a great place to take the kids for a day trip. The falls are not too high and the water is very refreshing.
2. Go on a safari: There are several safari companies located in Umarkhed that offer day trips into the nearby forests. This is a great way to see some of the local wildlife up close.
3. Visit the Umarkhed Fort: The Umarkhed Fort is a great place to explore with the kids. The fort has a long history and is full of interesting stories.
4. Take a camel ride: Camel rides are a popular tourist activity in Umarkhed. They are a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
5. Visit the Umarkhed Temple: The Umarkhed Temple is a beautiful place to visit with kids. The temple is full of colorful paintings and sculptures.
6. Go on a nature walk: There are several nature trails located near Umarkhed. This is a great way to get some fresh air and see the beauty of the area.
7. Visit the Umarkhed Zoo: The Umarkhed Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day trip. The zoo has a wide variety of animals and is a lot of fun to explore.
8. Take a boat ride: Boat rides are available on the lakes near Umarkhed. This is a great way to relax and enjoy the scenery.
9. Go bird watching: There are many different types of birds that can be seen in Umarkhed. This is a great activity for the kids.
10. Visit the Umarkhed Museum: The Umarkhed Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the area. The museum is full of interesting exhibits.