Udaipur is a beautiful city in India that is often referred to as the “Venice of the East.” The city is situated on the banks of Lake Pichola and is surrounded by the Aravalli Mountains. There are several kid-friendly things to do in Udaipur, such as taking a boat ride on the lake, visiting the City Palace Museum, and exploring the Jagdish Temple.
The City Palace Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Udaipur. The museum is located inside the City Palace, which was built by the Mewar dynasty in the 16th century. The museum houses a collection of artifacts from the Mewar dynasty, as well as a multimedia presentation about the history of Udaipur.
The Jagdish Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Jagannath, a form of Vishnu. The temple is situated in the middle of Udaipur’s old city, and is a popular spot for tourists to visit. The temple is surrounded by a large number of shops and stalls, so it’s a great place to do some shopping as well.
Udaipur is a beautiful city that is full of culture and history. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to do in Udaipur, so it’s a great place to visit with the family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Udaipur, India
1. Visit the City Palace: The City Palace is the largest palace complex in Rajasthan, and was built over a period of 400 years by the Mewar rulers. It is a blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architectural styles, and is situated on the banks of Lake Pichola. Visitors can explore the many courtyards, gardens, and temples within the palace complex.
2. Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is a man-made lake that was created in the 14th century. It is one of the main attractions in Udaipur, and visitors can take boat rides around the lake to see the many palaces and temples that line its shores.
3. Visit the Jagdish Temple: The Jagdish Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu, and is one of the largest temples in Rajasthan. It was built in the 16th century, and is known for its ornate architecture and sculptures.
4. Take a hike up to the Monsoon Palace: The Monsoon Palace is a 19th-century Rajasthani palace that was built to catch the monsoon rains. It offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding countryside, and is a popular spot for hiking and photography.
5. Visit the Fateh Sagar Lake: Fateh Sagar Lake is another man-made lake in Udaipur, and is known for its beautiful sunsets. Visitors can take boat rides around the lake, or enjoy the views from the many gardens and parks that line its shores.
6. Shop at the Local Bazaars: Udaipur is known for its vibrant and colorful bazaars, where visitors can find everything from spices and fabrics to jewelry and handicrafts. The best time to visit the bazaars is early in the morning, when they are at their liveliest.
7. Take a Camel Ride: Camel rides are a popular tourist activity in Rajasthan, and Udaipur is no exception. Visitors can take camel rides around the city, or even out into the desert for a truly unique experience.
8. Visit the Sahelion-ki-Bari Gardens: The Sahelion-ki-Bari Gardens are a series of small pools and fountains built for the royal ladies of the 18th century. The gardens are beautifully landscaped, and make for a relaxing spot to spend an afternoon.
9. Watch a Traditional Puppet Show: Traditional puppet shows are a popular form of entertainment in Rajasthan, and Udaipur is home to many puppeteers. Visitors can watch shows that tell traditional tales, or even modern stories with a local twist.
10. Learn about Rajasthani Culture at the Folklore Museum: The Folklore Museum is a great place to learn about the rich cultural heritage of Rajasthan. The museum houses a collection of traditional clothes, jewelry, and musical instruments, as well as a library of folk tales and songs.