There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Twisp, Washington. For starters, the Methow Valley is a great place to explore with young ones. There are plenty of short hikes and walking trails that are perfect for little legs. Additionally, the area is home to many wildlife species, so kids can learn all about the local flora and fauna.
If your kids are looking for a more active vacation, there are also plenty of great options. The area is home to several lakes, perfect for a day of swimming, boating, or fishing. For the more adventurous kids, there are also several opportunities for rock climbing, zip lining, and other outdoor activities.
No matter what your kids are interested in, they are sure to find plenty of kid friendly things to do in Twisp, Washington.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Twisp, Washington
1. Visit the North Cascade Smokejumper Base – The North Cascade Smokejumper Base is a great place to learn about firefighting and the brave men and women who do it. There are interactive exhibits, a museum, and even a chance to jump out of a plane!
2. Go fishing at the Lost River – The Lost River is a great place to fish for trout. There are also several hiking trails in the area that are perfect for exploring.
3. Take a scenic drive on the Twisp River Road – The Twisp River Road is a beautiful scenic drive that takes you through the Methow Valley. There are several pull-offs along the way where you can stop and enjoy the views.
4. Hike to Rainbow Falls – Rainbow Falls is a beautiful waterfall located just outside of Twisp. The hike to the falls is short and easy, making it perfect for families.
5. Go camping at the Big Twin Lake Campground – Big Twin Lake Campground is a great place to camp and enjoy the outdoors. There are several hiking trails in the area, and the lake is perfect for fishing and swimming.
6. Visit the Methow Valley Ranger Station – The Methow Valley Ranger Station is a great place to learn about the history of the Methow Valley and the natural resources that can be found there. There are also several hiking trails in the area.
7. Take a scenic raft trip down the Methow River – The Methow River is a beautiful river that winds its way through the Methow Valley. There are several companies that offer scenic raft trips down the river.
8. Go horseback riding at the Methow Valley Riding Stables – The Methow Valley Riding Stables offer horseback riding lessons and trail rides. This is a great activity for the whole family.
9. Play golf at the Methow Valley Golf Course – The Methow Valley Golf Course is a great place to play a round of golf. The course is located in the scenic Methow Valley and offers beautiful views.
10. Go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing in the Methow Valley – The Methow Valley is a great place to go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing in the winter. There are several groomed trails in the area, and the scenery is simply breathtaking.