There are many kid friendly things to do in Turek, Poland. For example, families can enjoy the Turek Zoo and the Botanical Garden. The Turek Zoo is home to many animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The Botanical Garden is a beautiful place to explore and learn about different plants. Other kid friendly attractions in Turek include the Turek Aquapark, the Turek Castle, and the Turek Open Air Museum. These are just a few of the many kid friendly things to do in Turek, Poland.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Turek, Poland
1. Visit the zoo: Turek Zoo is home to over 350 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. There are also plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with the animals, with feeding times and animal encounters happening daily.
2. Take a walk through Turek Botanical Gardens: This beautiful garden is home to over 3,000 plant species, as well as a pond, a waterfall, and a variety of sculptures. It’s the perfect place to take a stroll on a sunny day.
3. Stop by Turek Castle: This imposing castle was built in the 14th century and has been lovingly restored. Today, it’s open to the public and houses a museum, a cafe, and a shop.
4. Learn about Turek’s history at the Regional Museum: This museum covers the history of Turek and the surrounding area, from the days of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth to the present day. There are also interactive exhibits for kids.
5. Go for a swim at Turek Aquapark: This water park has everything you need for a fun day out, including slides, a lazy river, and a swimming pool. There’s also a separate kids’ area with smaller slides and a splash pad.
6. Ride the Turek Nature Railway: This narrow-gauge railway runs through the beautiful Turek countryside. It’s a great way to see the area, and there are stops along the way where you can get off and explore.
7. Get active at Turek Sports Complex: This complex has everything you need for a day of fun, including a football pitch, a tennis court, and a basketball court. There’s also a playground and a cafe.
8. Take a ride on the Turek Mill Wheel: This restored water wheel is a great way to see Turek from a different perspective. It’s also a popular spot for photography.
9. Visit Turek Cathedral: This beautiful cathedral was built in the 13th century and is one of the most important tourist attractions in Turek. Inside, you’ll find a beautiful altarpiece and stained glass windows.
10. Go for a hike in Turek Landscape Park: This park is a great place to get some fresh air and explore the outdoors. There are marked trails of varying lengths, so you can choose one that’s right for you.