Trier, Germany is an amazing place to visit with kids! There are so many fun and kid-friendly things to do in this historic city. The Trier Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of learning and fun. The Trier Toy Museum is another great option for a fun and educational activity. The Roman Baths are a must-see for any history enthusiast, and the kids will love exploring the ancient ruins. For a more active activity, the Moselle River provides ample opportunity for swimming, fishing, and kayaking. The Trier Botanical Gardens are a beautiful place to relax and explore nature. And no trip to Trier would be complete without a visit to the infamous Porta Nigra, the largest Roman gate in the world!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Trier, Germany
1. Visit the Trier Christmas Market: The Trier Christmas Market is a great place to take the kids during the holidays. There are over 200 stalls selling a variety of Christmas decorations, gifts, and food. The market is open from the end of November until Christmas Eve.
2. Go on a guided tour of the Trier City Museum: The Trier City Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the city. The museum offers a variety of guided tours for different age groups.
3. Visit the Reichstag: The Reichstag is a ruin of a former palace in Trier that was once the home of the Holy Roman Emperors. The ruin is now open to the public and is a great place to explore with the kids.
4. Go on a hike in the Eifel National Park: The Eifel National Park is a great place to take the kids for a hike. There are a variety of trails to choose from, ranging from easy to difficult.
5. Visit the Moselle River: The Moselle River is a great place to take the kids for a day of swimming, fishing, or just exploring.
6. Visit the Trier Zoo: The Trier Zoo is a great place to take the kids to see a variety of animals. The zoo also offers a variety of educational programs for kids.
7. Visit the Rhineland-Palatinate History Museum: The Rhineland-Palatinate History Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the region. The museum offers a variety of interactive exhibits and displays.
8. Go on a bike ride: Trier is a great place to go for a bike ride. There are a variety of trails to choose from, ranging from easy to difficult.
9. Visit the Porta Nigra: The Porta Nigra is a ruined Roman city gate that is now open to the public. The Porta Nigra is a great place to explore with the kids.
10. Have a picnic in the park: Trier has a number of parks, which are great places to have a picnic.