Trento, Italy, is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to keep them entertained, from museums to parks to playgrounds. The city is also home to a variety of kid-friendly restaurants, so you can be sure to find something everyone will enjoy.
Start your day at one of Trento’s many museums, like the Museum of Natural Sciences or the MUSE Science Centre. Both offer a variety of interactive exhibits that will teach your kids about the world around them. Afterwards, head to one of the city’s many parks for a picnic lunch and some time to play.
In the afternoon, take a break from the heat and explore one of Trento’s many caves. Thebole d’Adige is a great option, and kids will love the Sculpture Park inside. If caves aren’t your thing, the city also has a number of playgrounds, like the Playground of the Seven Dwarfs, where kids can explore and burn off some energy.
End your day with a treat from one of Trento’s gelato shops – there are plenty to choose from! – before heading back to your hotel.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Trento, Italy
1. Visit the Buonconsiglio Castle: The Buonconsiglio Castle is a large castle located in the center of Trento. It was built in the 13th century and has a museum inside with exhibits on the history of Trento and the surrounding area.
2. Take a Cable Car Ride: A cable car ride is a great way to see the city of Trento and the surrounding mountains. The cable car ride takes you from the center of Trento up to the top of Mount Bondone.
3. Visit the Museum of Natural Sciences: The Museum of Natural Sciences is located in the Buonconsiglio Castle. It has exhibits on animals, plants, and minerals from the Trentino region.
4. Take a Hike: There are many hiking trails in the Trento area. Some of the popular trails include the Valle dei Laghi trail and the Valle Aurina trail.
5. Go Mountain Biking: Mountain biking is a popular activity in the Trento area. There are many mountain biking trails that wind through the mountains and valleys.
6. Go River Rafting: River rafting is a great way to experience the wild waters of the Trentino region. There are many companies that offer river rafting trips.
7. Visit the Trento Cathedral: The Trento Cathedral is a large cathedral located in the center of Trento. It was built in the 12th century and is one of the most important historical landmarks in the city.
8. Go Skiing: Skiing is a popular activity in the Trentino region. There are many ski resorts in the area that offer a variety of trails for all levels of skiers.
9. Visit the Piazza del Duomo: The Piazza del Duomo is the main square in Trento. It is surrounded by historical buildings and has a beautiful fountain in the center.
10. Go Wine Tasting: The Trentino region is home to many vineyards and wineries. There are many companies that offer wine tours and tastings.