There are plenty of fun things for kids to do in Tremont, Pennsylvania. For starters, there is the Turkey Hill Experience, where kids can learn all about how Turkey Hill makes their ice cream and iced tea. They can even milk a virtual cow! There is also the Steamtown National Historic Site, where kids can learn all about the history of trains and see some real steam engines up close. For a more active adventure, kids can try their hand at rock climbing at the Endless Wall Climbing Gym, or go for a bike ride or hike on one of the many trails in the area. And of course, no visit to Tremont would be complete without a trip to Hersheypark, where kids can enjoy rides, shows, and of course, Hershey’s chocolate!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tremont, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the Historic Courthouse. The Historic Courthouse is the perfect place to learn about Tremont’s rich history. The Courthouse was built in 1808 and served as the county seat until 1866. Today, the Courthouse is home to the Tremont Area Historical Society. Visitors can take a self-guided tour of the Courthouse and learn about the different exhibits on display.
2. Take a Hike on the Appalachian Trail. The Appalachian Trail runs through Tremont and is a great place to get some exercise. There are several hiking trails in the area that range in difficulty, so there is something for everyone.
3. Go Fishing. Tremont is home to several trout streams, making it a great place to go fishing. The area is also home to several lakes, which are perfect for fishing in the summer months.
4. Visit the World-Famous Hersheypark. Hersheypark is one of the most popular attractions in Tremont. The park is home to over 70 rides and attractions, including several roller coasters. Hersheypark is also home to Hershey’s Chocolate World, where visitors can take a tour of the chocolate factory and learn about the history of Hershey’s chocolate.
5. Go Whitewater Rafting. Tremont is home to several whitewater rafting companies that offer guided tours down the Susquehanna River. This is a great activity for the whole family.
6. Visit the Eliza Furnace Trail. The Eliza Furnace Trail is a 10-mile trail that runs through Tremont. The trail is perfect for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. The trail is also home to several historical sites, making it a great place to learn about Tremont’s history.
7. Explore the Tuscarora State Forest. The Tuscarora State Forest is a large forest that covers over 200,000 acres. The forest is home to several hiking trails, camping sites, and fishing areas.
8. Visit the Snyder-Middleswarth Natural Area. The Snyder-Middleswarth Natural Area is a beautiful area that is perfect for hiking, picnicking, and bird watching. The area is also home to several historical sites.
9. Go Golfing. Tremont is home to several golf courses, making it a great place to go golfing. The area is also home to several driving ranges and putt-putt golf course, making it a great place for the whole family to enjoy.
10. Take a Scenic Drive. There are several scenic drives in Tremont that offer beautiful views of the area. These drives are perfect for a leisurely afternoon or a romantic evening.