There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Trani, Italy. The city has a number of parks, including the huge Villa Comunale which has a playground, a petting zoo, and a puppet theatre. There is also an outdoor cinema in the park which runs family friendly films during the summer months. The seafront is perfect for a family walk or cycle, and there are several gelaterias where kids can enjoy a delicious ice cream. Trani also has a number of excellent museums, including the National Archaeological Museum which has an excellent section on Roman history, and the Museum of the Sea which is perfect for kids who love sea creatures!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Trani, Italy
1. Take a walk along the ancient city walls: Trani’s city walls are some of the oldest and most well-preserved in all of Italy. They date back to the 11th century and provide a great way to get a feel for the city’s history.
2. Visit the Cathedral of San Nicola Pellegrino: This beautiful Romanesque cathedral is one of Trani’s most iconic landmarks. It was built in the 11th century and is home to a stunning 25-meter-high bell tower.
3. Explore the Castle of Frederick II: This imposing castle is located on a hilltop overlooking the city. It was built in the 13th century by Frederick II and served as both a royal residence and a military outpost.
4. Check out the ruins of the Abbey of Santa Maria del Buon Gesù: This former Benedictine abbey was founded in the 11th century and was once one of the most important religious sites in all of Italy. Today, its ruins are a popular tourist attraction.
5. Visit the Church of Santa Maria Maggiore: This beautiful church is located in the heart of the old city. It was built in the 13th century and is home to a stunning marble altar.
6. Take a stroll through the Giardino Botanico Santo Stefano: This beautiful botanical garden is located just outside the city walls. It is home to a wide variety of plants and flowers, as well as a picturesque view of the Adriatic Sea.
7. Have a picnic in Parco dei Principi: This lovely park is located just outside the city center. It is perfect for a leisurely picnic lunch or a romantic stroll.
8. Take a boat ride on the canals: Trani is home to a network of canals that criss-cross the city. Taking a boat ride is a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
9. Visit the Museo Civico: This museum is located in the Palazzo Celauro, Trani’s old city hall. It houses a wide variety of artifacts and exhibits that tell the story of the city’s history.
10. Enjoy a gelato: No trip to Italy is complete without indulging in some delicious gelato. There are many gelaterias to choose from in Trani, so you’re sure to find the perfect flavor to suit your taste.