There are many kid friendly things to do in Townsend, Delaware. For example, kids can enjoy the many parks and playgrounds in the area. They can also go on rides at the local carnival, visit the local library, or go swimming at any of the local beaches. Additionally, Townsend is home to many kid friendly events throughout the year, such as the Townsend Summer Carnival, the Halloween Parade, and the Holiday Celebration.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Townsend, Delaware
1. Visit the National Museum of the United States Air Force: The National Museum of the United States Air Force is the world’s largest and oldest military aviation museum. With more than 350 aircraft and missiles on display, the museum gives visitors the chance to see some of the most important aircraft in history.
2. Take a tour of the Longwood Gardens: Longwood Gardens is one of the world’s premier botanical gardens, with more than 1,000 acres of beautiful gardens and fountains. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, go on a hike, or take a kayak or canoe trip down the Brandywine River.
3. Visit the Hagley Museum and Library: The Hagley Museum and Library is a historic site that tells the story of the DuPont Company and the history of the Brandywine Valley. Visitors can take a tour of the museum, see the historic homes and gardens, and visit the library to see some of the rare books and manuscripts.
4. Go on a hike in the White Clay Creek Preserve: The White Clay Creek Preserve is a beautiful nature preserve with more than 15 miles of trails. Hikers can explore the woods, streams, and fields, and see a variety of wildlife, including deer, birds, and butterflies.
5. Visit the Brandywine Zoo: The Brandywine Zoo is a small zoo located in the heart of the Brandywine Valley. The zoo is home to a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, giraffes, and red pandas. Visitors can also feed the goats and llamas, and take a ride on the zoo train.
6. Go tubing down the Brandywine River: The Brandywine River is a beautiful river that flows through the Brandywine Valley. Visitors can go tubing, kayaking, or canoeing down the river, and stop at one of the many scenic spots along the way.
7. Take a bike ride through the valley: The Brandywine Valley is a beautiful place to go for a bike ride. There are many scenic trails, and the valley is relatively flat, making it perfect for biking.
8. Visit the Winterthur Museum: The Winterthur Museum is a beautiful museum that tells the story of the duPont family and the history of the Brandywine Valley. Visitors can take a tour of the museum, see the beautiful gardens, and visit the period rooms.
9. Go skiing or snowboarding at the Brandywine Ski Resort: The Brandywine Ski Resort is a great place to go skiing or snowboarding. The resort has a variety of trails, and there is also a terrain park for those who want to try their hand at tricks.
10. Visit the Delaware Art Museum: The Delaware Art Museum is a great place to see a variety of art, from American painters to European sculptures. The museum also has a variety of interactive exhibits, and a cafe where visitors can grab a bite to eat.