Torhout is a municipality located in the Belgian province of West Flanders. The municipality comprises the city of Torhout proper and the towns of Wilrijk and Oudenburg. It is home to a population of over 24,000 people.
Torhout is a great place to bring your kids, with plenty of activities to keep them entertained. The city has a number of parks and playgrounds, as well as a large indoor swimming pool. The nearby beaches of Ostend and De Haan are also popular with families.
There are a number of kid-friendly museums in the area, including the Torhout Museum, which has a section devoted to children’s toys and games. The nearby town of Bruges is also home to a number of interesting museums, including the Chocolate Museum and the Brewery Museum.
For those looking for a more active vacation, there are plenty of things to do in Torhout as well. The city has a number of hiking and biking trails, and is also home to a number of sports facilities. There are also a number of annual events, such as the Torhout Balloon Festival, which is held every year in July.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Torhout, Belgium
1. Visit the city center and explore the ancient buildings and cobblestone streets.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through one of the many parks or along the coast.
3. Visit the Belfry Tower and climb to the top for a panoramic view of the city.
4. Visit the remains of the 12th century Torhout Castle.
5. Explore the Museum of Fine Arts and see the works of local and international artists.
6. Discover the history of the city at the Torhout Museum.
7. Stroll through the Old Town and see the market square, city hall, and churches.
8. Take a boat ride on the river or go for a swim in the ocean.
9. Visit one of the many farms or wineries in the area.
10. Go for a hike in the nearby woods or mountains.