Looking for things to do with the kids in Tochigi? You’re in luck! This area of Japan is full of kid-friendly activities. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
Visit the Utsunomiya Zoo. This zoo is home to over 400 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears! There’s also a petting zoo, where the kids can get up close and personal with some of the animals.
Explore Tochigi Botanical Garden. This beautiful garden is full of flowers, trees, and plants from all over the world. The kids will love exploring the different areas, and you can all learn about different plants and flowers together.
Take a trip to the Kitakyushu Insectarium. This unique museum is all about bugs! The kids can learn all about different types of insects, and even hold some of them!
Take a walk through Nikko Edo Mura. This outdoor museum is like taking a step back in time. The kids can explore traditional Japanese houses, shops, and even a samurai castle!
No matter what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in Tochigi. With so many kid-friendly activities, this is the perfect place to bring the whole family!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tochigi, Japan
1. Visit the Nasu Onsen hot springs – Nasu Onsen is a small hot spring town located in northern Tochigi Prefecture. There are several kid-friendly onsen (hot spring) resorts in the area, as well as a number of other activities such as hiking, boating, and horseback riding.
2. Take a ride on the Nikko Edo Mura Railway – The Nikko Edo Mura Railway is a narrow gauge heritage railway that runs between the cities of Nikko and Kinugawa Onsen. The train journey takes about an hour, and along the way, passengers can enjoy scenic views of the mountains and valleys of Tochigi.
3. Play in the snow at the Snow Monster Museum – The Snow Monster Museum is a small museum located in the town of Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture. The museum is dedicated to the history and culture of snow monsters, and also has a large outdoor play area where kids can build snowmen and play in the snow.
4. Visit the Nasu Safari Park – The Nasu Safari Park is a large animal park located in the town of Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture. The park is home to a wide variety of animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and elephants. Visitors can take a safari-style tour of the park in a minibus, or walk through the park on foot.
5. Go hiking in the Shikishima Mountains – The Shikishima Mountains are a range of mountains located in northern Tochigi Prefecture. There are a number of hiking trails of varying difficulty levels, and the mountains offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
6. Take a dip in the Kujigawa Hot Spring – The Kujigawa Hot Spring is a small hot spring located in the town of Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture. The hot spring is located in a picturesque valley, and visitors can enjoy views of the surrounding mountains while soaking in the warm waters.
7. Visit the Nasu Flower Park – The Nasu Flower Park is a large park located in the town of Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture. The park is home to a wide variety of flowers, and also has a number of other attractions such as a playground, a petting zoo, and a mini railway.
8. Go strawberry picking at the Nasu Strawberry Park – The Nasu Strawberry Park is a small farm located in the town of Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture. The farm offers visitors the opportunity to pick fresh strawberries, and also has a number of other activities such as a petting zoo and a playground.
9. Take a walk through the Tsutsujigaoka Park – The Tsutsujigaoka Park is a large park located in the city of Utsunomiya, Tochigi Prefecture. The park is home to a wide variety of plants and flowers, and also has a number of walking trails.
10. Visit the Utsunomiya Zoo – The Utsunomiya Zoo is a small zoo located in the city of Utsunomiya, Tochigi Prefecture. The zoo is home to a number of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears.