There are many things for families to do in and around Tipton, Kansas. The YMCA offers year-round swimming, aerobics classes, basketball and more. The local parks have picnic areas, playgrounds, hiking and biking trails and even an amphitheater for shows and concerts. For a day of shopping, head to the historic downtown area where you’ll find unique boutiques, art galleries and great restaurants. Don’t miss the annual Tipton County Fair in September and the Tipton Lights holiday light display in December.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tipton, Kansas
1. Take a walk through Tipton’s beautiful and historic downtown area. Visit the Tipton County Museum to learn more about the city’s rich history.
2. Enjoy a picnic lunch at one of Tipton’s many parks. Don’t forget to pack a Frisbee or ball to play with!
3. Go fishing at Independence Lake. You may even catch a glimpse of some of the area’s wildlife, such as deer, raccoons, and beavers.
4. Take a hike through the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve. This is a great way to see some of Kansas’ natural beauty.
5. Go for a swim at the Tipton Community Pool. This is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day.
6. Play mini golf at the T-Town Golf Course. This is a great activity for the whole family.
7. Bowl a few games at the Tipton Lanes. This is a great place to have some fun and compete with your friends and family.
8. Catch a movie at the Tipton Drive-In. This is a great way to enjoy a classic American activity.
9. Visit the Tipton Public Library. This is a great place to find a good book or two to read.
10. Have some fun at the Tipton County Fair. This is a great event for the whole family to enjoy.