There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to do in Tinley Park, Illinois! For the outdoor lovers, there’s Centennial Park which has a playground, basketball courts, a pond for fishing, and walking trails. There’s also the Tanglewood Park District that has a water park, an outdoor pool, and a splash pad. If your kids are into animals, the Brookfield Zoo is a great option and is one of the largest zoos in the country. For the little ones, there’s the Tinley Park-Park Forest Aquatic Center which has a zero-depth entry pool and a waterslide. Lastly, if your kids are into arts and crafts, the Tinley Park-Frankfort Art League offers classes and has an art gallery.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tinley Park, Illinois
1. Visit the Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn – The Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn is a great place for kids to learn and play. There are lots of hands-on exhibits, a dance studio, and a puppet theater.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through Tinley Park – Tinley Park is a beautiful suburb of Chicago with lots of parks and green space. Kids will love exploring all the different playgrounds, walking trails, and bike paths.
3. Have a picnic at Centennial Park – Centennial Park is a great place to have a picnic. There is a playground, a pavilion, and plenty of open space to run around.
4. Play mini golf at Odyssey Fun World – Odyssey Fun World has an indoor and outdoor mini golf course. It’s a great place to spend a rainy day or hot summer afternoon.
5. Bowl at Orland Bowl – Orland Bowl is a family-friendly bowling alley. They have lane side service so you don’t have to leave your seat to get a snack or drink.
6. Catch a movie at the Hollywood Blvd Cinema – The Hollywood Blvd Cinema is an affordable movie theater. They offer matinee pricing and have a variety of concession options.
7. Visit the Tinley Park Public Library – The Tinley Park Public Library is a great place to take the kids. They have a large children’s section with a variety of books, movies, and games.
8. Go ice skating at the Frankfort Park District Ice Arena – The Frankfort Park District Ice Arena is a great place to go ice skating. They offer public skating sessions and have a variety of skate sizes available for rent.
9. See a show at the Tinley Park Performing Arts Center – The Tinley Park Performing Arts Center hosts a variety of family-friendly shows. Check their website to see what’s playing during your visit.
10. Play at the Tinley Park Recreation Center – The Tinley Park Recreation Center has a gym, an indoor pool, and a variety of sports equipment available for use.