If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Timpson, Texas, you’ve come to the right place! There is plenty to keep your little ones busy in this charming small town. For starters, they will love the Timpson Animal Farm, where they can meet and feed the friendly farm animals. The Timpson Public Library is also a great place to take them, with its story times and wide selection of books. And of course, what kid wouldn’t love a visit to the Timpson Train Depot, where they can explore a real train car and learn all about the history of this mode of transportation? Whatever you do, your kids are sure to have a blast in Timpson!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Timpson, Texas
1. Visit the Timpson Area Museum to learn about the history of the town and see exhibits on local culture and heritage.
2. Stroll down Main Street and admire the historic buildings, many of which date back to the late 19th century.
3. Visit the Timpson Public Library, which has a large collection of books, DVDs, and CDs.
4. Play a round of golf at the Timpson Country Club, which has an 18-hole course.
5. Go swimming at the Timpson City Pool, which is open to the public during the summer months.
6. Take a hike or bike ride on the scenic Timpson Nature Trail, which follows an old railroad line.
7. Have a picnic in one of the many parks in Timpson, such as L.D. Kelsey Park or Fredonia Park.
8. Go fishing in one of the many lakes and ponds in the area, such as Big Creek Lake or Lake Murvaul.
9. Play a game of tennis or pickleball at the Timpson Civic Center, which has several courts.
10. Attend a event at the Timpson High School auditorium, such as a concert or play.