There are many kid friendly things to do in Thoreau, New Mexico. One option is to explore the outdoors. There are hiking trails, a river to swim in, and plenty of trees to climb. Another option is to visit one of the many historical sites in Thoreau. There are several old Missions to explore, as well as an old fort. Kids will also enjoy visiting the local museums, which include a museum dedicated to Thoreau’s history as well as a museum of local art. There are also several parks in Thoreau, which are perfect for picnics, playing games, or just relaxing.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Thoreau, New Mexico
1. Visit Bandelier National Monument – Bandelier National Monument is a 33,677-acre United States National Monument near Los Alamos in Sandoval and Los Alamos counties in New Mexico. The monument preserves the homes and homeland of the Ancestral Puebloans of a later era in the Southwest. The monument protects the main sites of four major villages and six major pueblos, as well as a multitude of smaller sites. Its primary purpose is to allow visitors to experience the story of the Ancestral Pueblo people.
2. Take a Hike – Thoreau is a great place to go for a hike! There are many different trails to choose from, ranging from easy to difficult. You can also take a hike to Bandelier National Monument.
3. Go Fishing – Fishing is a great activity to do in Thoreau. You can fish in many different lakes and ponds, including Heron Lake, Horseshoe Lake, and Twin Lakes.
4. Visit the Thoreau Public Library – The Thoreau Public Library is a great place to go to read or borrow books. They also have computers that you can use.
5. Play at the Park – Thoreau has several different parks that you can go to, includingHidden Valley Park, Apache Canyon Park, and Pueblo Park. Each park has different things to do, such as playgrounds, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
6. Go to the Thoreau Civic Center – The Thoreau Civic Center is a great place to go to learn more about the town of Thoreau and its history. They have exhibits that you can walk through, as well as a library.
7. Visit the Thoreau Museum – The Thoreau Museum is a great place to learn more about the town of Thoreau and its history. They have exhibits that you can walk through, as well as a library.
8. Go on a Scenic Drive – Thoreau is a great place to go for a scenic drive. There are many different roads and highways that you can take, all of which offer different views.
9. Go Camping – Thoreau is a great place to go camping. There are many different campgrounds to choose from, as well as different activities that you can do while you’re camping.
10. Take a Photo – Thoreau is a beautiful place and there are many different places that you can go to take a photo.