If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Thomas, West Virginia, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of great activities for kids of all ages to enjoy. For starters, the town is home to the Trail of the Silversmiths, a self-guided walking tour that takes you through the historic district and highlights the silver mining history of the area. Other kid-friendly attractions include the Appalachian Folklore Center, which offers traditional music and dance performances, and the Watoga State Park, where you can hike, camp, fish, and swim.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Thomas, West Virginia
1) Visit the mysterious Skull Cave. This cave is known for its numerous human bones and skulls that were found within its chambers.
2) Take a trip back in time at the Henry Ford Museum. This museum is dedicated to the life and times of the famous car manufacturer.
3) Learn about the local coal mining history at the Coal Mining Heritage Park.
4) Get up close and personal with some of the furry residents at the Blackwater Falls State Park.
5) Splash around and cool off at the Summersville Lake.
6) Take a hike through the gorgeous Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge.
7) Get your adrenaline pumping with a ride on the Big Uglyzip Line.
8) Embark on a ghost tour of some of the most haunted locations in Thomas.
9) Visit the grave of the infamous serial killer, the Butcher of Big Ugly.
10) Check out the unique shops and restaurants that line the streets of downtown Thomas.