There are many kid friendly things to do in Thackerville, Oklahoma. Families can enjoy the many parks and playgrounds throughout the city, or take a walk or bike ride on the many trails. There are also several fun museums, including the Museum of the Great Plains and the Washita Battlefield National Historic Site. Kids will also love exploring the many antique shops and boutiques in downtown Thackerville. And of course, no visit to Thackerville is complete without a stop at the WinStar World Casino, one of the largest casinos in the world.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Thackerville, Oklahoma
1. WinStar World Casino: With more than 7,400 electronic games, 100 table games, 46 poker tables, a 3,500-seat Global Event Center and a 1,400-seat Colosseum, WinStar World Casino is the largest casino in the world.
2. National Route 66 Museum: The National Route 66 Museum in Elk City tells the story of the world-famous highway with exhibits on the people, places and things that made it so famous.
3. Cherokee Casino: The Cherokee Casino in Roland features more than 1,200 electronic games, as well as live blackjack and poker.
4. Choctaw Casino: The Choctaw Casino in Durant features more than 4,700 electronic games, as well as live blackjack and poker.
5. Oklahoma History Center: The Oklahoma History Center in Oklahoma City features exhibits on the history of the state, from its Native American beginnings to the present day.
6. Museum of the Great Plains: The Museum of the Great Plains in Lawton tells the story of the people and events that shaped the region, from the early days of the American West to the present day.
7. Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum: The Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum honors the victims, survivors and rescuers of the Oklahoma City bombing.
8. pertMath + Science Museum: The pertMath + Science Museum in Oklahoma City is dedicated to promoting math and science education through hands-on exhibits and programs.
9. Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History: The Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman is one of the largest natural history museums in the United States.
10. Philbrook Museum of Art: The Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa is one of the largest art museums in the country, with a collection that includes works by European masters and American masters.