There are plenty of kid friendly activities to do in Tetovo, Macedonia. One option is to visit the Sunka Dran National Park. This park is home to many different types of animals, including bears, wolves, and deer. There are also many different types of plants and trees. Another option is to go hiking in one of the many hiking trails in the area. There are also numerous lakes and rivers that are perfect for swimming or fishing. Whichever activity you choose, your kids are sure to have a blast in Tetovo, Macedonia.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tetovo, Macedonia
1. Visit the Stone Bridge – The Stone Bridge is a must-see for any visitor to Tetovo. Built in the 15th century, it is the oldest bridge in the city and spans theriver Pena. It is a beautiful example of Ottoman architecture and is illuminated at night, making it even more impressive.
2. Take a walk through the Old Bazaar – The Old Bazaar is a great place to wander and take in the sights and sounds of local life. There are plenty of shops and stalls to explore, as well as plenty of places to stop for a bite to eat or a refreshing cup of tea.
3. Explore the Painted Mosque – The Painted Mosque is one of the most iconic landmarks in Tetovo. It was built in the 15th century and is covered in beautiful hand-painted Islamic calligraphy. It is well worth a visit for its beauty and its historical significance.
4. marvel at the Albanian Pyramid – The Albanian Pyramid is a unique sight in Tetovo. It was built in the 1980s and is made entirely of concrete. It is one of the only pyramids in the world and is definitely worth a visit.
5. Relax in Gazi Baba Park – Gazi Baba Park is a great place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. It is home to a beautiful lake and gardens, and is the perfect spot to enjoy a picnic or a leisurely stroll.
6. Visit the Museum of the City of Tetovo – The Museum of the City of Tetovo is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the city. It has a wide range of exhibitions and is definitely worth a visit for anyone interested in the area.
7. Take a cable car ride up Mount Galicica – For stunning views of the city and the surrounding countryside, take a ride on the cable car up Mount Galicica. The journey to the top is short but sweet, and the views from the top are simply breathtaking.
8. Sample some of the local cuisine – Tetovo is home to a wide range of delicious local dishes. Make sure to try some of the traditional specialities such as burek (a type of baked pastry), tavche gravche (stewed beans), and ajvar (a spicy vegetable relish).
9. Go for a swim in Lake Dojran – Lake Dojran is a beautiful body of water that forms the border between Macedonia and Greece. It is the perfect place to cool off on a hot summer’s day, and there are plenty of beach bars and restaurants to relax in afterwards.
10. Take a day trip to Ohrid – Ohrid is a beautiful lake town that is just a short drive from Tetovo. It is home to a number of historical and cultural sights, and is definitely worth a visit for anyone staying in the area.