There are many kid friendly things to do in Terra Alta, West Virginia. For starters, there is simply beautiful scenery to take in all around town. Many of the trails and parks are easily accessible and perfect for an afternoon nature hike or picnic lunch. There are also a number of kid-centric businesses and landmarks in Terra Alta, such as the Little orphan train depot museum, which is a working replica of a turn-of-the-century orphan train depot. other businesses make sure to keep the little ones entertained, such as the Happy Meadows ice cream parlor, which has a large outdoor seating area with a playground.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Terra Alta, West Virginia
01. Visit the local library – The Terra Alta Public Library offers a wide variety of books, movies, and events for children and families. They also have a computer lab that is available for public use.
02. Terra Alta Lake – The lake is a great place to go for a swim, fish, or just to enjoy the beautiful scenery. There is also a playground and picnic area near the lake.
03. biking – Terra Alta is located in the Allegheny Mountains, so there are plenty of great trails for biking.
04. Canoeing or kayaking – The Cheat River is a great place to go for a leisurely paddle. Canoes and kayaks can be rented from the Terra Alta Outdoors shop.
05. Hiking – There are numerous hiking trails in the area, ranging from easy to difficult. Some of the popular trails include the Allegheny Trail, North Mountain Trail, and the Patriot Trail.
06. Golfing – Terra Alta is home to two golf courses, the Terra Alta Country Club and the River’s Edge Golf Club.
07. Wildlife watching – The area is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, bear, eagles, and wild turkeys.
08. Visiting the farms – There are several working farms in the area that offer tours and demonstrations.
09. Historic sites – There are a number of historic sites in Terra Alta, including the Tucker County Courthouse and the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad.
10. Shopping – Terra Alta has several unique shops, including a toy store, an antique store, and a quilt shop.