If you’re looking for a kid-friendly destination in Mexico, you can’t go wrong with Tequisquiapan. This quaint town in the state of Queretaro is known for its colorful streets and colonial architecture, as well as its many kid-friendly attractions.
One of the most popular things to do in Tequisquiapan is to take a ride on the scenic narrow-gauge railway that runs through the town. The train makes several stops along the way, including at the Parque Bicentenario, where you can get off and explore the park’s playgrounds, gardens, and walking trails.
If your kids are interested in history, they’ll love exploring the town’s colonial-era churches and museums. The Museum of Naïve Art is particularly popular with kids, as it features artwork created by local children.
For a more active adventure, head to the nearby Zoológico de Tequisquiapan, where you can see animals from all over Mexico, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a playground, a petting zoo, and a cafeteria, making it the perfect place to spend a day with the kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tequisquiapan, Mexico
1. Ride horses through the vineyards – Tequisquiapan is home to many horseback riding tours that take you through the beautiful vineyards surrounding the town.
2. Visit the handicraft market – The handicraft market in Tequisquiapan is a great place to find unique Mexican gifts and souvenirs.
3. Visit the food market – The food market is a great place to try local Mexican cuisine and find fresh produce.
4. Go on a hot air balloon ride – Hot air balloon rides are a popular activity in Tequisquiapan and offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
5. Visit the Tequila Museum – The Tequila Museum is a great place to learn about the history and production of tequila.
6. Go ice skating – The ice skating rink in Tequisquiapan is a great place to cool off on a hot day.
7. Play mini golf – There are several mini golf courses in Tequisquiapan that are perfect for a family outing.
8. Go swimming – There are several swimming pools in Tequisquiapan that are perfect for a refreshing dip.
9. Play tennis – Tennis courts can be found throughout Tequisquiapan and are a great way to work up a sweat.
10. Go on a hike – There are many hiking trails in Tequisquiapan that offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside.