There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Tarma, Peru. For one, there is the Tarma Monkey Sanctuary which is home to over 100 species of monkey. Kids will love getting up close and personal with these playful creatures. There is also the Tarma Archaeological Museum which has plenty of kid friendly exhibits. Plus, there is the Tarma Textile Museum which has displays of traditional Peruvian textiles. Lastly, don’t forget to check out the nearby waterfalls which are always a hit with kids!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tarma, Peru
1. Take a hike to Tarma’s highest peak, Huayna Potosi. With an elevation of over 6,000 meters, it is sure to be a challenging but rewarding hike. There are several trails to choose from, so be sure to pick one that is suitable for your level of fitness.
2. Visit the Tarma Archaeological Museum. This museum houses a number of ancient artifacts that have been found in the area, including pottery, tools, and jewelry. It is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the Tarma region.
3. Have a picnic at one of Tarma’s many beautiful parks. Some of our favorites include Cusco Park, Las Balsas Park, and Mantaro Valley Park.
4. Go for a swim in Laguna de Paca. This large lake is located just outside of Tarma and is a great place to cool off on a hot day.
5. Go fishing in one of Tarma’s many rivers. The Rio Grande and Rio Tarma are two of the most popular spots for fishing.
6. Go birdwatching in the Mantaro Valley. This valley is home to a large number of bird species, making it a perfect spot for birdwatching.
7. Take a tour of a coffee plantation. Tarma is home to some of Peru’s best coffee, so be sure to take a tour of a local plantation.
8. Visit the Tarma Zoo. This small zoo is home to a variety of animals, including Peruvian monkeys, from which the zoo gets its name.
9. Go horseback riding. Tarma offers many scenic trails perfect for horseback riding.
10. Shop for local handicrafts. Tarma is known for its artisanal handicrafts, so be sure to pick up a few souvenirs during your visit.