Though often thought of as a sleepy farming town, Tappen, North Dakota is home to many kid-friendly activities. The town has two museums – the Tappen Park Museum and the Old Settlers Museum – both of which offer interesting looks at the town’s history and heritage. There are also a number of parks perfect for exploring, including the city’s namesake Tappen Park, which features a playground, picnic pavilions, and walking trails.
For kids who like to be active, Tappen also offers a number of youth sports programs through the local recreation center. Programs include basketball, baseball, soccer, and more. There’s also an indoor pool for year-round swimming.
kids can explore the town’s history at the Tappen Park Museum
play at one of the town’s many parks
participate in youth sports programs
splash around at the indoor pool
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tappen, North Dakota
provided by a local resident.
1.Visit the Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile State Historic Site to learn about Cold War history.
2. Stop by the Teddy Roosevelt National Park to explore the beautiful landscapes and learn about the area’s natural history.
3. Visit the International Peace Garden to walk among the flowers and learn about the mission of peace.
4. take a dip in one of North Dakota’s many lakes, such as Lake Sakakawea orLake Oahe.
5. Let the kids loose at one of Tappen’s many parks, such as Legacy Park or Riverside Park.
6. Visit the Dakota Zoo to see animals from all over the world up close.
7.Explore the Governor’s Mansion and learn about the state’s government.
8. Take a ride on the Lewis and Clark Riverboat to learn about the area’s early explorers.
9. Visit the Fort Mandan historical site to learn about the area’s Native American history.
10. Stop by the Norsk Høstfest to experience a taste of Scandinavian culture.