There are plenty of kid friendly activities to do in Taourirt, Morocco. Many families choose to spend their holidays here because of the diverse range of activities on offer, as well as the beautiful weather and scenery.
The beaches here are perfect for days spent swimming, sunbathing and sandcastle building, while there are also plenty of water parks and attractions for slightly bigger kids. Younger kids will love the petting zoo and animal shows at the local zoo, while there are also several museums and cultural sites which offer kid-friendly activities and tours.
Outside of the city, there are plenty of options for adventurous days out. Families can go hiking or mountain biking in the nearby foothills, or go on a jeep safari through the desert. There are also several ancient sites and ruins to explore, as well as natural wonders like waterfalls and gorges.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Taourirt, Morocco
1. Climb to the top of the Taourirt Kasbah for panoramic views of the surrounding area
2. Visit the nearby town of Tazekka and hike to the top of Tazekka National Park for more breathtaking views
3. Take a camel ride through the Sahara Desert
4. Explore the ancient city of Marrakesh and visit the Medina, the bustling market square
5. Visit the Ben Youssef Madrasa, a former Islamic school, and see the intricate tilework and carvings
6. Tour the Majorelle Gardens, created by French artist Jacques Majorelle, and see the vibrant blue buildings
7. Take a cooking class and learn to make traditional Moroccan dishes
8. Visit the local souks (markets) and haggle for souvenirs
9. Go on a safari in one of Morocco’s many national parks
10. Relax and enjoy a Hammam, a traditional Moroccan spa experience