There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Tamboril, Dominican Republic! For instance, you can visit the Zoom Flume Water Park, which has slides, a wave pool, and a lazy river. There’s also the Monkey Jungle, where you can see monkeys swinging from the trees. If your kids are into animals, they’ll also enjoy the hassle-free Marine Aquarium, where they can view sea turtles, stingrays, and other sea creatures. For a more cultural experience, take them to the Caves of Los Tres Ojos, which are impressive natural limestone formations. Or, explore the amber mines and see how this treasured gem is extracted. And don’t forget to sample the delicious local food!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Tamboril, Dominican Republic
1. Visit the Cueva de las Maravillas – The Cueva de las Maravillas is a large cave system near Tamboril that is open to the public. The caves are full of stalactites and stalagmites and are said to be over 3 million years old. There is also a museum on site with information about the history and geology of the area.
2. Take a dip in El Limón waterfall – El Limón waterfall is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Dominican Republic. The waterfall is over 50 meters high and is surrounded by lush jungle. There is a swimming area at the base of the waterfall where you can cool off on a hot day.
3. Walk or ride a horse through the El Choco National Park – El Choco National Park is a large nature reserve near Tamboril that is home to a variety of flora and fauna. There are several walking and horse riding trails through the park, and you may even spot some of the resident monkeys or iguanas.
4. Visit the Catedral de Santa Rosa de Lima – The Catedral de Santa Rosa de Lima is a beautiful cathedral in the center of Tamboril. The cathedral was built in the 18th century and is known for its Baroque architecture.
5. Go on a safari at the Africam Safari Zoo – The Africam Safari Zoo is a large zoo located just outside of Tamboril. The zoo is home to over 2,000 animals, including lions, elephants, and giraffes. You can take a safari tour through the zoo in a jeep or on a camel.
6. Take a tour of a tobacco plantation – Tamboril is located in the heart of tobacco country, and there are several tobacco plantations in the area that offer tours to the public. You will learn about the history of tobacco production in the Dominican Republic and see how the tobacco is grown and harvested.
7. Play a round of golf at the La Cana Golf Club – The La Cana Golf Club is an exclusive golf club located near Tamboril. The club offers a variety of amenities, including a pro shop, a restaurant, and a spa. The 18-hole golf course is one of the best in the Dominican Republic.
8. Shop for souvenirs at the Mercado Modelo – The Mercado Modelo is a large market in Tamboril where you can find a variety of souvenirs, such as handmade cigars, Dominican rum, and local art.
9. Learn to dance the merengue – Merengue is the national dance of the Dominican Republic, and Tamboril is a great place to learn. There are several dance schools in town, or you can watch a performance at one of the many nightclubs.
10. Go on a day trip to Santo Domingo – Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic, is a short drive from Tamboril. The city is full of historic landmarks, including the first cathedral in the Americas, and is a great place to shop, eat, and sightsee.