Sweetwater, Tennessee is home to a variety of kid-friendly attractions that are sure to please any young traveler. For those looking to explore the great outdoors, the city offers a number of hiking and biking trails as well as a variety of parks. Families can also enjoy a day at the Sweetwater Splash Park, a water park located in the heart of the city.
For those interested in learning about the local history, the Sweetwater Valley Museum is a great option. The museum is located in an old schoolhouse and features a variety of artifacts and exhibits pertaining to the history of the area.
No matter what your interests are, Sweetwater, Tennessee has something for everyone to enjoy. The city is a great destination for a family vacation or a weekend getaway.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sweetwater, Tennessee
1. Every kid loves going to the park, and Sweetwater has two great ones! Bicentennial Park has a playground, pavilions, walking trails, and a pond. Springbrook Park also has a playground and pavilions, plus a disc golf course, basketball courts, and a splash pad.
2. Take a stroll down Main Street and check out all the cool shops, like the Sweetwater Antique Mall, the Sweetwater Peddler’s Mall, or the Sweetwater Country Club.
3. Visit the Elite CrossFit for a fun workout the whole family can enjoy. They offer classes for all ages and abilities.
4. explore one of Sweetwater’s many hiking trails, like the Sweetwater Creek Trail or the Windrock Trail.
5. Go fishing at one of Sweetwater’s many lakes, such as Percy Priest Lake, Watts Bar Lake, or Fort Loudoun Lake.
6. Play a round of golf at the Sweetwater Golf Club or the Highland Rim Golf Club.
7. Visit the Sweetwater Depot Museum to learn about the history of the town and see some cool exhibits.
8. Go for a swim at the Sweetwater Municipal Pool.
9. Watch a movie at the drive-in theater.
10. Take a scenic drive on the Cherohala Skyway.