Sweeney, Texas, is a great place for kids and families. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained. For the outdoorsy family, there’s fishing, hiking, and camping at nearby Lake Somerville. For the more indoorsy family, there’s visiting the weapons museum, the art museum, or the children’s museum. And of course, there’s always shopping and eating out. No matter what your family enjoys, Sweeney has something for everyone.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sweeny, Texas
1. Visit the Sweeny Community Museum to learn about the history of the town and see artifacts from the past.
2. Visit the Sweeny Animal Shelter to meet adoptable dogs, cats, and other animals.
3. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area, such as Lake Jackson or Lake Somerville.
4. Visit the Brazosport Museum of Natural Science to learn about the area’s wildlife and ecosystems.
5. Go hiking or biking at one of the many parks in the area, such as Brazos Bend State Park or San Bernard National Wildlife Refuge.
6. Attend a performance at the Rosenberg Railroad Museum, or take a train ride on the Gulf Coast Historical Railway.
7. Visit the Gulf Coast Bird Observatory to see native bird species and learn about bird conservation efforts.
8. Take a tour of the Sweeny Independent School District’s historic buildings, including the Sweeny High School auditorium.
9. Enjoy the playgrounds and splash pads at Heritage and Oak Grove parks.
10. Visit the Strand Theater to see a movie or live performance, or take a tour of the historic theater.