If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities in Suwon-si, South Korea, you’re in luck. There are plenty of things to keep your little ones occupied.
One option is the Suwon World Cup Stadium. This stadium was used for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, and now it’s open to the public for tours. Your kids will love exploring the grounds and learning about the history of the stadium.
Another option is the Suwon Hwaseong Fortress. This is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most well-preserved fortresses in all of Korea. Your kids can explore the various walls and gates, and even dress up in traditional Korean clothing.
If your kids are interested in animals, they’ll love the Suwon Wildlife Zoo. This zoo is home to over 1,200 animals, and it’s a great place to learn about the different species that call Korea home.
Finally, no trip to Suwon-si would be complete without a visit to the Samsung Electronics Museum. This museum is a great way to learn about the history of one of Korea’s most iconic companies. Your kids can see how Samsung started as a small business and grew into the global powerhouse it is today.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Suwon-Si, South Korea
1. Visit the Hwaseong Fortress – The Hwaseong Fortress is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is renowned for its beauty and architectural ingenuity. The fortress was built in the 18th century and is an excellent example of Joseon-era military architecture.
2. Stroll through the Suwon Hwaseong Haenggung Palace – The Suwon Hwaseong Haenggung Palace was once the temporary residence of the Joseon royal family. The palace is beautifully preserved and offers a glimpse into the lives of the Joseon royals.
3. Pay your respects at the Hwahongmun Gate – The Hwahongmun Gate is the main gate of the Hwaseong Fortress. The gate is impressive and is a popular spot for photos.
4. Visit the Janganmun Gate – The Janganmun Gate is another of the gates that make up the Hwaseong Fortress. The gate is smaller than the Hwahongmun Gate but is no less impressive.
5. Take a cable car up to the Paldalmun Gate – The Paldalmun Gate is the southern gate of the Hwaseong Fortress. The gate is located at the top of a hill and can be reached by cable car.
6. Explore the Korean Folk Village – The Korean Folk Village is a living museum that showcases traditional Korean life. The village is home to demonstrations of traditional crafts, games, and dances.
7. Visit the Suwon Museum – The Suwon Museum is housed in a beautiful Joseon-era building. The museum offers a great introduction to the history and culture of Suwon.
8. View the Namhansanseong Fortress – The Namhansanseong Fortress is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is located just outside of Suwon. The fortress is a great example of Joseon-era military architecture.
9. Go for a walk in the Amnam Park – Amnam Park is a beautiful park located in the heart of Suwon. The park is a great place to relax or take a walk.
10. Shop at the traditional markets – Suwon is home to several traditional markets where you can find everything from clothes to food.