If you’re looking for fun things to do with kids in Surrey, North Dakota, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. For starters, take them to the Surrey Community Park, where they can explore the playground, splash around in the water spray park, and burn off some energy. If your kids are into sports, sign them up for a t-ball or soccer league at the Surrey Recreation Center. And on hot summer days, cool off at the Surrey Aquatic Center, where they can enjoy the slides, lazy river, and kiddie pool. There are also several family-friendly restaurants and cafes in town, perfect for a quick bite or a leisurely meal. So whether you’re looking for some indoor or outdoor fun, you’re sure to find it in Surrey.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Surrey, North Dakota
1. Visit the Chahinkapa Zoo – The Chahinkapa Zoo is a great place to take kids for a day of fun. With over 70 animals to see, including tigers, lions, bears, and more, there is something for everyone at this zoo. Plus, the zoo offers educational programs and Animal Encounters, where kids can get up close and personal with some of the animals.
2. Go fishing at Frenchman Creek – Frenchman Creek is a great place to go fishing with the kids. With several different fishing spots available, you’re sure to find the perfect spot for your family. Plus, the creek is stocked with trout, making it a great place to catch dinner.
3. Play at Freedom Park – Freedom Park is the perfect place to take the kids to burn off some energy. With a playground, baseball diamonds, basketball courts, and more, there is something for everyone at this park.
4. cool off at Cascade Water Park – Cascade Water Park is a great place to take the kids to cool off on a hot day. With several different slides, a lazy river, and a splash pad, the kids will have a blast at this water park.
5. Visit the Surrey Museum – The Surrey Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. With several different exhibits, the kids will be able to learn about the area’s early settlers, the railroad, and more.
6. Go for a hike at Turtle River State Park – Turtle River State Park is a great place to take the kids for a hike. With over 30 miles of hiking trails, the kids will be able to explore the park and see some amazing views.
7. See the animals at the Dairy Queen Farm – The Dairy Queen Farm is a great place to take the kids to see some animals. With cows, pigs, goats, and more, the kids will be able to learn about where their food comes from. Plus, the farm also offers ice cream and milk for the kids to enjoy.
8. Go biking at Maah Daah Hey Trail – The Maah Daah Hey Trail is a great place to take the kids for a day of biking. With over 100 miles of trails, the kids will be able to explore the area and see some amazing views.
9. Visit Fort Seward – Fort Seward is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. With several different exhibits, the kids will be able to learn about the area’s early settlers, the railroad, and more.
10. Go for a swim at Lake Sakakawea – Lake Sakakawea is a great place to take the kids for a day of swimming. With several different beaches, the kids will be able to find the perfect spot to swim and play.