Sunset, Louisiana is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of things to do that will keep your little ones entertained for hours on end. For starters, the city is home to two different amusement parks. Both of these parks have plenty of rides and attractions that your kids will love. In addition to the amusement parks, Sunset is also home to a water park. This is a great place to take your kids to cool off on a hot summer day. If your kids are looking for a more educational experience, you can take them to the Louisianainth Zoo. This zoo is home to over 500 different animals, making it a great place for your kids to learn about the animal kingdom.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sunset, Louisiana
1. Zoosiana: Zoosiana is a must-see for animal lovers of all ages! With over 500 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears, there is something for everyone to see.
2. Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino: Take a break from the animals and head to the races! Evangeline Downs offers live horse racing and simulcast betting, as well as a casino with over 1,200 slots and table games.
3. Go-Karts Plus: For the thrill seekers in the group, head to Go-Karts Plus for some high-speed fun! With over a mile of track, there is plenty of room to race.
4. Skydive Louisiana: For those who are looking for an adrenaline rush, skydiving is a must! Skydive Louisiana offers tandem jumps for first timers, as well as singles jumps for those with experience.
5. Tabasco Factory & Country Store: A visit to Sunset wouldn’t be complete without a stop at the Tabasco Factory! Here you can learn all about the history of Tabasco sauce, take a tour of the factory, and even buy some souvenirs.
6. Shadows-on-the-Teche: Take a step back in time with a visit to Shadows-on-the-Teche. This plantation home, built in 1831, is open for tours and offers a glimpse into life on a Louisiana sugar plantation.
7. Sunset Bowling Center: Strike up some fun at Sunset Bowling Center! This family-friendly spot offers open bowling, leagues, and tournaments.
8. West Sunset Recreation Complex: Get active at the West Sunset Recreation Complex! This facility offers a playground, swimming pool, basketball courts, and more.
9. Sunset Farmers’ Market: Shop for fresh, locally grown produce at the Sunset Farmers’ Market! This market is open year-round and features a variety of vendors.
10. Sunset Recreation Department: The Sunset Recreation Department offers a variety of programs and activities for all ages! From sports leagues to arts and crafts, there is something for everyone.