Sunland Park is a great place for kids of all ages! There is the Rio Grande Zoological Park, which is home to over 250 animals from all over the world, as well as the Peace Garden, which is a beautiful place to relax and take in the scenery. Kids will also enjoy the Western Playland amusement park, which has over 30 rides and attractions, and the adjacent Water World water park. For those looking for more of a challenge, there is RockHounds Adventure park, which has climbing walls, zip lines, and a ropes course. And of course, no visit to Sunland Park would be complete without a trip to the outlets to do some shopping!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sunland Park, New Mexico
1. Visit the Sunland Park Mall – The Sunland Park Mall is a great place to take the kids for a day of shopping and fun. There are over 150 stores at the mall, as well as a food court and a movie theater.
2. Go to the Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino – The Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino is a great place to take the family for a day of fun and excitement. There are live horse races, a casino, and a restaurants at the track.
3. Check out the animals at the Animal Kingdom Zoo – The Animal Kingdom Zoo is a great place to take the kids to see all sorts of animals. They have tigers, lions, bears, monkeys, and more.
4. Go tubing at the Inner tubes Water Park – The Inner tubes Water Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun in the sun. They have a lazy river, slides, and a pool for the kids to play in.
5. Visit the Western Playland Amusement Park – The Western Playland Amusement Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. They have rides, games, and a water park for the kids to enjoy.
6. Go to the Cloudcroft Ski Area – The Cloudcroft Ski Area is a great place to take the family for a day of skiing and snowboarding. They have a variety of trails for all levels of skiers and snowboarders.
7. Visit the Organ Mountains Desert Peaks National Monument – The Organ Mountains Desert Peaks National Monument is a great place to take the family for a day of hiking and exploration. There are over 100 miles of hiking trails in the monument.
8. Check out the historic Old Mesilla Village – The historic Old Mesilla Village is a great place to take the family for a day of exploring. There are a variety of shops, restaurants, and historic sites to visit in the village.
9. Go fishing at Elephant Butte Lake – Elephant Butte Lake is a great place to take the family for a day of fishing. There are over 30 miles of shoreline to fish from, and the lake is stocked with a variety of fish.
10. Take a scenic drive through the White Sands National Monument – The White Sands National Monument is a great place to take the family for a day of scenic driving. There are over 150 miles of roads to explore in the monument.