Every year, families flock to Sun Valley, Idaho to enjoy the incredible skiing, snowboarding, and tubing. But Sun Valley has so much more to offer than just winter activities. Here are some great kid-friendly things to do in Sun Valley.
One of the most popular kid-friendly activities in Sun Valley is the Sun Valley Adventure Park. The Adventure Park features a wide variety of activities, including an alpine slide, a zip line, a bungee trampoline, and much more. There is also a giant chess set, a giant swingset, and a play area for kids.
If your family enjoys hiking, there are plenty of great trails to explore in Sun Valley. One of the most popular trails is the Sun Valley Trail, which takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery in the area. There are also several shorter trails that are perfect for young kids.
If you’re looking for something a little more relaxing, Sun Valley also has several great parks. Independence Park is a great place to take a leisurely stroll or have a picnic. Freedom Park is perfect for kids who want to explore and play. There are also several playgrounds scattered throughout Sun Valley, so your kids will never be bored.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sun Valley, Idaho
1. Sun Valley Resort: Sun Valley Resort is a world-renowned ski resort that offers much more than just skiing and snowboarding. In the summer, visitors can enjoy hiking, mountain biking, golf, horseback riding, and more. The resort also has several restaurants, bars, and shops for visitors to enjoy.
2. Ketchum: Ketchum is a small town located just down the road from Sun Valley Resort. This quaint town is home to several great restaurants, shops, and galleries. It’s the perfect place to explore during your visit to Sun Valley.
3. Dollar Mountain: Dollar Mountain is a small ski hill located just outside of Sun Valley Resort. It’s a great place for beginners and families to learn how to ski or snowboard.
4. Bald Mountain: Bald Mountain is the largest and most popular ski area in Sun Valley. It offers over 3,000 acres of skiable terrain and has something for everyone, from beginners to experts.
5. Craters of the Moon National Monument: Craters of the Moon National Monument is a must-see when visiting Sun Valley. This lava field is unlike anything else on Earth and is sure to amaze.
6. Redfish Lake: Redfish Lake is a beautiful alpine lake located just outside of Sun Valley. It’s perfect for a summer day of swimming, fishing, and picnicking.
7. Shoshone Falls: Shoshone Falls is one of the most popular attractions in Sun Valley. These magnificent falls are sure to take your breath away.
8. Sawtooth National Forest: Sawtooth National Forest is a beautiful place to explore. There are countless hiking and camping opportunities in this massive forest.
9. Stanley: Stanley is a small town located in the heart of Sawtooth National Forest. It’s the perfect place to stay if you want to explore the surrounding area.
10. City of Rocks National Reserve: City of Rocks National Reserve is an amazing place to camp, hike, and rock climb. It’s sure to be a memorable experience.