There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Sumter, South Carolina! For outdoorsy kids, there’s Hoffmeyer State Park which has a playground, picnic areas, and a lake with a fishing pier. The park also has a 3-mile loop hike and a 1-mile boardwalk hike. For animal lovers, there’s the Cleborne Wildlife Center which has over 200 animals, including alligators, deer, otters, and turtles. The Center also has a sonar-equipped boat that kids can use to go out and look for wildlife. And for kids who like to learn, there’s the Swan Lakes Golf & Tennis Club, which offers golf and tennis lessons. The club also has a swimming pool, and a number of different kid-friendly events are held there throughout the year.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sumter, South Carolina
1. Take a walk or bike ride through one of Sumter’s many public parks.
2. Visit the Sumter Zoo and learn about the animals that live there.
3. Check out the Children’s Museum of the Upstate in Sumter for interactive exhibits and programs.
4. Attend a performance at the Sumter Little Theatre, a longtime staple of the city’s cultural scene.
5. Visit the Patricia McDonough Park for a day of picnicking, playground fun, and fishing in the pond.
6. Go on a shopping spree at one of Sumter’s many kid-friendly retail stores.
7. Sample the fare at one of Sumter’s family-friendly restaurants.
8. Catch a movie at the Marcus Cinema, a popular spot for families in Sumter.
9. Bowl a few frames at East Park Lanes, a local bowling alley that’s perfect for kids.
10. Enjoy a day of excitement at Splashes Waterpark, a great place to cool off in the summer months.