If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Sumner, Iowa, you won’t be disappointed. The city offers a variety of parks and playgrounds for children to explore, as well as a number of museums and other attractions that are perfect for families. The Iowa State Fairgrounds are also located in Sumner, and if you’re visiting during the summer months, you can catch a sumner baseball game or two. Other popular kid-friendly activities in the city include shopping at the local farmers market, taking a leisurely stroll down Main Street, and playing a round of mini golf at the Family Fun Center.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sumner, Iowa
1. Visit the Fagen Fighters WWII Museum – This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of the Fagen Fighters, a group of World War II veterans who live in Sumner. The museum features a variety of exhibits, including a replica of a P-51 Mustang, a B-17 Flying Fortress, and a B-24 Liberator.
2. Take a tour of the Maytag Dairy Farm – The Maytag Dairy Farm is a working dairy farm that offers tours to the public. During the tour, you’ll learn about how the dairy farm operates and see the cows being milked. You can also purchase milk, cheese, and ice cream from the farm store.
3. Visit the Sumner Pioneer Memorial Library – The Sumner Pioneer Memorial Library is a historic library that was built in 1855. The library features a variety of books and documents about the history of Sumner and the surrounding area.
4. Play a round of golf at theSumner Country Club – The Sumner Country Club is a private golf club that offers 18 holes of golf. The club also has a pro shop, restaurant, and swimming pool.
5. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area – There are numerous lakes in the Sumner area that are perfect for fishing. Some of the popular lakes include Clear Lake, Crystal Lake, and Silver Lake.
6. Take a hike on one of the area’s many scenic trails – There are a variety of hiking trails in the Sumner area that offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Some of the popular trails include the Centennial Trail and the Ledges State Park Trail.
7. Go camping at one of the area’s many campgrounds – There are a number of campgrounds in the Sumner area that offer a variety of amenities. Some of the popular campgrounds include the Ledges State Park, the Clear Lake State Park, and the Crystal Lake State Park.
8. Visit the Grout Museum of History and Science – The Grout Museum of History and Science is a museum that is dedicated to preserving the history of the Sumner area. The museum features a variety of exhibits, including a replica of a one-room schoolhouse and a pioneer log cabin.
9. Attend a performance at theSumner Community Theater – The Sumner Community Theater is a theater that produces a variety of shows throughout the year. The theater offers a variety of seating options, including balcony and floor seating.
10. Shop at the many unique stores in downtown Sumner – Downtown Sumner is home to a variety of unique shops, including a toy store, a candy store, a ice cream shop, and a variety of clothing stores.