If you’re looking for kid-friendly fun in Sulzbach-Rosenberg, Germany, you won’t be disappointed! The town offers a variety of activities to keep little ones entertained. For example, they can explore the town’s history at the interactive Museum Haus Heel or take a ride on the historic preserved railway. Outdoor lovers will enjoy hiking or cycling through the beautiful countryside surrounding Sulzbach-Rosenberg. And when it’s time to relax, there are plenty of parks and playgrounds to choose from. Whatever your family’s interests, you’re sure to find something to enjoy in Sulzbach-Rosenberg!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sulzbach-Rosenberg, Germany
1. Visit the Salzburg Cathedral – The imposing Salzburg Cathedral is a must-see for visitors to Sulzbach-Rosenberg. The cathedral is home to a massive organ, as well as other impressive musical instruments.
2. Stroll through the old town – Sulzbach-Rosenberg’s old town is a lovely place to stroll, with half-timbered houses and idyllic little squares.
3. Check out the Memorial to the Victims of National Socialism – This memorial, located in the town square, honors the victims of Nazi persecution.
4. Tour the Maximilian Museum – This interesting museum chronicles the life of Maximilian I, the Duke of Bavaria who built Sulzbach-Rosenberg Castle.
5. Climb to the top of the castle – Sulzbach-Rosenberg Castle offers stunning views over the town from its hilltop location.
6. Visit the Puppenhausmuseum – This quirky little museum is devoted to puppets and dollhouses, and is sure to charm kids of all ages.
7. See the sights from the town’s train – The quaint little Sulzbach-Rosenberg train offers rides around the town, with commentary in English.
8. Visit the Stadtpark – The Stadtpark is a lovely spot for a picnic or a game of frisbee, and has a playground for the kids.
9. Get ice cream at Eis Café am Markt – After a day of sightseeing, treat the kids to a refreshing ice cream at this popular café.
10. Go swimming at the Freibad – In warm weather, the town’s outdoor pool is a great place for a cooling dip.