There’s no shortage of activities for kids in Sultan, WA. Between local parks, playgrounds and hiking trails, there’s plenty to keep kids entertained.
For a day of adventure, head to Wallace Falls State Park. The 625-foot waterfall is the highlight of this park, but there are also 12 miles of hiking trails to explore. Or, visit Lake Chaplain where kids can go fishing, swimming or canoeing.
If your kids are into animals, they’ll love the Cascades Wildlife Heritage Center. This hands-on museum is dedicated to educating kids (and adults) about local wildlife. Kids can learn about bears, eagles, cougars, owls and more.
For a more relaxing day, spend some time at Centennial Beach. This serene spot on the Skykomish River is perfect for a picnic lunch or a game of frisbee. Or, explore the downtown area where you’ll find locally-owned shops and cafes.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sultan, Washington
1. Visit the Sultan Salmon Hatch where salmon eggs are incubated and kids can learn about the life cycle of salmon.
2. Take a walk or bike ride on the Centennial Trail which runs through Sultan and is dotted with parks and playgrounds.
3. Visit the Cascades Wildlife Heritage Center to learn about the area’s wildlife and see some of the animals up close.
4. Go for a swim at one of Sultan’s public beaches on the Skykomish River.
5. visit the Puget Sound Estuarium to learn about the area’s marine life and see some of the creatures that live in Puget Sound.
6. Play a round of miniature golf at one of the town’s two courses.
7. Go for a hike in one of the many forests and parks in the Sultan area.
8. Visit the Seattle Museum of Flight to learn about the area’s aerospace history and see some of the planes that shaped it.
9. Go for a ride on the Washington State Ferries to see some of the area’s beautiful scenery from the water.
10. Visit the Northwest Railway Museum to learn about the area’s history of rail travel and see some of the trains that once ran through Sultan.