Sullivan is a great place for kids! There are tons of kid-friendly things to do, like visiting the Children’s Museum, going to the park, or taking a trip to the zoo. The Zoo is a great place to learn about animals and their habitats, and the Children’s Museum is full of fun, interactive exhibits. The park is a great place to run around and play, and there are always plenty of other kids around to play with. Sullivan is a great place for kids of all ages to enjoy!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sullivan, Illinois
1. Spend an afternoon at the Sullivan Splashpad! The Splashpad is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. There are plenty of spraying water features to keep the kids entertained.
2. Make a stop at the Sullivan City Park playground. The playground has a variety of equipment to keep the kids occupied. There is also a shelter house in the park that can be rented for parties or picnics.
3. Head to Sullivan Miniature Golf for a round of putt-putt. This 18-hole course is lots of fun for the whole family.
4. Visit the Sullivan Air Museum. The Air Museum is a great place to learn about the history of aviation. There are several planes on display, as well as a gift shop.
5. Take a stroll through the Sullivan Nature Park. The Nature Park is a beautiful place to take a walk or have a picnic. There are also several hiking trails.
6. Go fishing at Lake Shelbyville. Lake Shelbyville is a great place to fish for bass, catfish, and crappie. There are also several boat ramps and docks.
7. Play a round of golf at the Sullivan Country Club. The Country Club has an 18-hole golf course that is open to the public.
8. Go for a swim at the Sullivan Aquatic Center. The Aquatic Center has a lap pool, diving well, and a water slide. There is also a concession stand.
9. Visit the Moultrie-Douglas County Museum. The Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Sullivan and Douglas County. There are also several exhibits on various topics.
10. Have lunch or dinner at one of Sullivan’s many restaurants. There are several options to choose from, including fast food, casual dining, and fine dining.