There are many kid friendly things to do in Stuyvesant, New York. One can visit the Dutchess County Fairgrounds, where there are rides and attractions for all ages, or take a stroll through the Colonel Denning State Park. Families can also enjoy the Walkway Over the Hudson, a pedestrian bridge that spans the Hudson River. For those interested in history, the Homes of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Sites are located nearby. Additionally, the Stuyvesant Fall Festival, which takes place each September, is a great event for families with young children. There are plenty of activities and attractions to keep kids entertained in Stuyvesant, New York!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Stuyvesant, New York
1. Stuyvesant Falls: Visit the falls for a picnic lunch and to explore the hiking trails.
2. Kinderhook Lake: Take a dip in the lake or go fishing.
3. New World Dutch Fort: Tour the fort and learn about the history of the area.
4. Stuyvesant Museum: Browse the exhibits and learn about the town’s history.
5. John Jay Homestead: Tour the grounds and learn about the founding father.
6. Jacobus Van Cortlandt House: Tour the historic house and learn about the family who lived there.
7. Taconic State Park: Hike the trails and enjoy the scenic views.
8. Penguin Walk: Visit the Walk to see the penguins and learn about their habitat.
9. Burnett Brook Preserve: Hike the trails and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
10. Four Winds Farm: Take a tour of the farm and learn about the animals and crops.